Are you healthy on the inside

breadsticks

Banned
Cholesterol mang, it is a bad ass. Anyone can have it. You can be fit and young or old and fat.

If you live down under check out this site for free tests. If you don't, go get tested even if it will cost you the Williams (cash -> bills -> williams, some of that cutting edge slang).

Cholesterol thoughts or experiences?

I had high cholestrol. 7.5, it's a genetic thing.

I had triple bypass heart surgery in August last year, fully replumbed. :D

There are two types of cholestrol, LDL and HDL, LDL is the bad one, HDL is the good one.

My level is now at or about 3 with LDL at 1.7

It is nasty stuff, with a proper diet and a moderate amount of exercise it can be controlled well enough.

After genetic disposition smoking cigarettes is the next major cause of coronary artery disease,

QUIT NOW

:D

Smoking shouldn't be legal anyway just because the smoke they puff out hurts others too.

Smoking cigarettes and cigars should be illegal. Not to create a disscussion on it, but IMO marijuana should be legal before tabbaco..

nope, you make that much naturally in your body that it is excessive, but it becomes far easier to control, I barely eat red meat anymore, skinless chicken breasts and fish are my staple meat products, dairy foods have been mostly cut from my diet, sweets, sodas all that stuff have become an "untouchable" so my diet is mainly vegetables (cooked and raw), salads, chicken and fish. Occasionally I'll have a lean steak (once a month maybe) or a dessert (not often at all) but now I've adjusted my eating habits I really don't miss those things.

My father died from a massive heart attack at 47 as did his father, my uncle had quadruple bypass and lived longer but still succumbed to a heart attack and he was a rugby referee, fit as a buck rat.

With medication to stop the natural creation of cholestrol and reduce the uptake of consumed cholestrol, a good diet and moderate exercise it is a manageable health issue.

Animal fat is one of the worst sources of cholestrol, that lovely crispy chicken skin, the little bit of fat on a steak (both of which I used to love) the fat from minced/ground beef (burger patties etc), bacon (I probably miss bacon the most tbh) are all shocking sources.

well it's been 3 months and three weeks since i quit smoking, and to tell you the thruth....it's made me quite hungry lately.

someone told me that since i quit smoking that your taste buds in the mouth taste food better. i don't know if that's true, but i do know my appetite has grown. :p

That is scary, man.
Scared the shit out of me let me tell you. I thought I had a bad back, the pain seemed to be from my spine but it was just a transference to the largest local nerve bundle. I worked for years in construction, work hard play hard type of thing, drank and smoked to excess and about 12-14 years ago I started to get this "back pain", it was negligible to start with so I put up with it for years but last year it got so bad that i could be layed out on the floor for hours at a time so I went and seen the doc, good thing I did because he said I was a close to a major heart attack as you can get without actually having one.

They did some tests and four weeks later I walked out of hospital fully replumbed, they operated on the 9th of August and on the 16th of August I walked out of hospital, jumped on a plane and flew home, three months later I was back at work.

well it's been 3 months and three weeks since i quit smoking, and to tell you the thruth....it's made me quite hungry lately.

someone told me that since i quit smoking that your taste buds in the mouth taste food better. i don't know if that's true, but i do know my appetite has grown. :p
Well done mate.

I quit on July 1st 2007 (so slightly ahead of you) after smoking for 32 years.

Just keep an eye on the snacking, weight gain is a major side effect of quitting, it's a substitution thing to keep your hands and mouth occupied. Water and raw veges are a good substitute.

Back
Top Bottom