Are you a grammar bully?

I do sometimes use that kind of spoken interwebs text.
But some applications online need you to use proper grammar and spelling, not to sound clever but to sound professional. Correspondence with web design clients being a key one.

I do sometimes use that kind of spoken interwebs text.
But some applications online need you to use proper grammar and spelling, not to sound clever but to sound professional. Correspondence with web design clients being a key one.

Of course this is true if your professional career is mostly an online job.

Yea, online correspondence that makes you look good can be the difference between getting a 500/1k/5k job, so it's worth taking the time, and when i meet clients in real life who might want me i try to recognise that from the start and make as best an impression as i can, i like to sound professional when it comes to it but around friends, i am quite different

Well If we put it into context with thinkgs like posting on forums or on an im to my friends i dont really observe the best grammer or spelling but I at least make it comprehensible i dont really like to see txt or im speak anywhere

Obviously when im writing essays or emailing prospective employers i make sure i run it all through a spellchecker and proof read it , if i can i also try and get someone else to proof read it

I can switch. On forums I try to use full english grammer. Whereas on MSN, and facebook, I will switch to using text speak.

I notice spelling/punctuation mistakes easily though, and it annoys me when people purposely type in text speak on forums.

I've read a few books that I've stopped at a word, and thought "thats spelt wrong".
Its something thats automatic.

Back
Top Bottom