Are/Were you a good student

Status
Not open for further replies.
English grades so far for my senior year:

1st Quarter - 93 out of 100
2cd Quarter - Incomplete.
3rd Quarter - 70 out of 100

I've always hated English...and reading...and writing...etc.

3.9 GPA for this year, I'm a Junior and my cumulative is 3.4762, but I'm a much better student than I was my Freshman and Sophomore years which I was still pretty good in.

My school district has higher standards than most schools (Terms of grades, takes a higher percent to get an A) and making High Honors made my parents happy. I was thinking about taking AP Computer Science next year, but I'm taking Computer Science II next year, so far my Computer Science I class has been really fun.

Offtopic at all : The thing I hate in English is that they use some Greek words as synonyms (which is also a greek word) to produce formal words with the same meaning. sopho(more), sopho comes from the greek word sophos wich means wise, so "more wise", which is quite informal. The same thing happens with psychology etc. The good thing is that i can easily use some words in English which are quite formal but I already know them, such as Graphologist, which comprises from two nouns grapho(written) and logos (speech) from the verb leho (i wrote it this way for correct oral pronnounce).
If I knew latins, which I'll learn in high-school, things might become even better.:)

Offtopic at all : The thing I hate in English is that they use some Greek words as synonyms (which is also a greek word) to produce formal words with the same meaning. sopho(more), sopho comes from the greek word sophos wich means wise, so "more wise", which is quite informal.
English, by far, is the most screwed up language in the history of man. It's full of contradictions and things that don't make sense and yet it has somehow managed to penetrate into the population to the point where it is now "the" language.

Just shows how screwed up our society is.

I agree.. english is screwed up.. it hardly has any rules..
See....
House----Houses
Mouse----Mice
Goose----Geese
Moose----Moose

I agree.. english is screwed up.. it hardly has any rules..
See....
House----Houses
Mouse----Mice
Goose----Geese
Moose----Moose

At least they are easy to learn, not as ancient greek though
the noun "old" in ancient greek language :

CLick to view

I wrote it on paper cause computers do not support the polytonic system, which symbols (~ ΄) are put above the pronnounced letter, to make pronnunciation a lot easier.

I did very well in early grades, once high school came it was all downhill. I dispised high school, I think I escaped with a 2.4 or so. I took a few classes at college and after I did well (A's), I was allowed to enroll full time. Doing very well now thankfully, but I'd say I still teach myself most of what I learn.

apo pou eisai mss? athena?

as for myself, in high school i didn't really study at all. i was mostly a C student, but managed a decent (1120) SAT score. I got into Northeastern University in Boston, but that was most probably due to the fact I was an eagle scout and had great recommendation letters.

In college, I'm doing a lot better i have a 3.7 average now in my 2nd year. But calculus is giving me some trouble...two ex-girlfriends in the class doesn't make for an exactly "comfortable" environment.

two ex-girlfriends in the class doesn't make for an exactly "comfortable" environment.

lol... imagine if there were group assignments and you got paired up with the both of them... things can always be worse. lol

lol... imagine if there were group assignments and you got paired up with the both of them... things can always be worse. lol

hahha, that would be really interesting. Considering one of them has close (or maybe exactly) a 4.0 gpa and the other one is on academic probation.

The greatest part about it though is that they both have to sit on opposite sides of the room so I always feel daggers piercing my flesh whenever I look down to write my notes, as I thought the middle would be the safest territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom