Are Vistas worth buying over XP?

Vista doesn't really cut it, for me, when it comes to speed over a long period of time... I can leave my Ubuntu running for days without it slowing down.

My Vista machine seems... "bulky" whenever I use (have to fix) it.

I see what you mean by "more convenient". There's a search bar at the bottom of the start menu in Vista.

(I had to Google it, I'm still on XP)

Vista doesn't really cut it, for me, when it comes to speed over a long period of time... I can leave my Ubuntu running for days without it slowing down.

My Vista machine seems... "bulky" whenever I use (have to fix) it.

Well I leave my laptop on all night and turn it off for 20mins until i get to work then its back on for another 8hours, then i go home, switch it on, download and i come back about 8-11 and its vista and i have nothing ever really wrong with it.

Infact I don't think I've had a problem with it for a good 3months now.

It breaks because you don't use it right.

Well I leave my laptop on all night and turn it off for 20mins until i get to work then its back on for another 8hours, then i go home, switch it on, download and i come back about 8-11 and its vista and i have nothing ever really wrong with it.

I'd have to agree, my Laptop schedule is almost identical

I have it on all day at work and it used to be my gaming box (laptop) until my most recent build.

I've had minor problems with Vista so far (fewer with 64 bit) but nothing comparable to the amount of problems I had with XP pre SP1..

How, exactly, do you use an OS "wrong"?

D:

Back
Top Bottom