are these USB cable the same?

stevethebrain

In Runtime
are these USB cable's the same?

I'm wanting to extend a USB device w/ a longer USB cable extention I think the cable I attach image of is a 2.0USB male to female

however the female on the cable I link to seams to protrude out of the female section so are these USB cable's the same?
Nippon Labs USB-10-MF-BK 10 ft. USB Extension Cable M-F - Newegg.com

The device I'm attemping to relocate is a USB WIFI network adaptor it comes w/ a 3' cable attached to a dock which is the stand for the antenna I have extended this cable by 5' so it 8' total.

I'm thinking when I connect two cables together there is a slite signal lose so the plan is to eliminate the network adaptors dock and cable and just use the 10' cable I link to.

Thanks STB

Attachments

• USBCABLE1.jpg
    USBCABLE1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 8
so you think you are gonna get better speeds by having 1x 10 feed cable instead of 2x cables that together gives the length of 8.
that's not gonna happen.

Shouldn't be any signal degradation unless the contacts are corroded. I took a Belkin USB WiFi stick and put it on the end of two 16 foot extension cables and dangled it over the curtain rod. Where I was at the time it gave better reception by the window.

If your router is located some where else in your house you'll just have to move it around seeing where you get the best reception.

I have been moving the WiFi antenna around a bit it usalley worked fine located close and high (4' above floor) to the PC it also usalley worked fine on another side of room also 4' above floor.

Now either of these location will even see the router (even as a no signal available network) However the antenna will connect to the router in the middle of room about 2.5' above floor it won't coonect any higher above floor it's kindof strange how small this sweet spot is if it won't connect on it's own I can pyshicalley move it 1" and it will connect.

Yes it is the speed I'm trying to improve I was hopping that eliminating two USB connections one at the middle of the two cables and the second at the dock station of antenna would improve the reception.

edit: actualley not to long ago on the second PC w/only the dock station connected it would connect to net.
during this time I'd use the WiFI antenna alone on the first PC.

Another thing to mention is after diaganosing a no connectionW7 would sometimes tell me the router cable could be unplugged or the network adapter acsess point cable could be damaged I may have stepped on this USB cable a few times.

Thanks Guy's for surport STB

Last edited:
Still going on about the hotel connection. Check in to Clearwire and get off the hotel's network. Clearwire is with Sprint now so might be a better service. I had it in Jacksonville, Fl. and it was worth every penny. About 60 for the dongle and 60 a month. But having your own little private connection that you didn't have to share made it worth every penny. I paid that bill with a smile on my face.

I really don't use the net that much to justifiy paying for it.

I've decided to try this bigger antenna along w/ the 10' USB cable so I can move it around to find this sweet spot that apparently moves about two feet on differnt days.

it's actualley two differnt spots on one day spot one works fine on other days spot two work better.
Rosewill RNX-N250UBE (RNWD-11006) Wireless Adapter IEEE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 2T2R / 2x 5 dBi External Antenna / Up to 300Mbps Wireless Data Rates 64/128-bit WEP (Hex & ASCII), WPA/WPA2, WPA(TKIP with I -

here's the current antenna
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=33-166-056%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20

hopefully w/ rnx250 w/ the two antenna will work better than the rnx180.

lately I've been getting alot of dropouts like the net connection will be fine then all of a sudden I lose the connection.

What do you Guys think of the new antenna?
Thanks STB

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom