Are Pentax DSLRs Worth the Money?

Kingdom_Seeker

Solid State Member
I am in the market to replace my photography gear I had to sell due to health related financial difficulties. I've been researching cameras and have found that Pentax cameras take amazing photos and at a cheaper price that Canon or Nikon. I want to hear from pentax users as to their experiences on the quality of the cameras and photos.

Any recommendations are welcome to other brands. I have also considered the Nikon D3200, D5200, etc. I'm more interested in photo quality and price than MPs. Hoping for some help and thanks in advance.

Pentax make some phenomenal cameras. Don't fall into the trap of thinking it's only a Canon or Nikon game, because it isn't - it's far from it. For a start Sony make a large majority of the camera sensors, so you can look at Sony's own DSLR selection too.

As for Pentax, they make some extremely good cameras. In fact, the Pentax K5-II uses what is regarded as one of the Finest APS-C sized sensors on the market, better than that of Nikon and Canon cameras. Many would argue the best APS-C sensor can be found in the Fujifilm X100S, again, not a Nikon or Canon camera. That said, i'm not saying Nikons and Canons are bad, of course they aren't, they both produce some top quality cameras that I would recommend to anyone.

Pentax also make some brilliant, brilliant lenses which is arguably more important than the camera itself, so bear that in mind.

Nikon all the way, slightly cheaper than Canon. I bought a D50, which is quite old and it still performs well and is a good entry level SLR, even though it doesn't offer any video features.

Back
Top Bottom