Are netbooks becoming obsolete?

Ever since Apple came out with the new " i-pad mini" and the Iphone 5. No one is really using laptops ( netbooks) or Pc's anymore. Tablets in my opinion are becoming more popular than ever before.

Ever since Apple came out with the new " i-pad mini" and the Iphone 5.

:lol: Really?

No netbooks have been obsolete since about 2 weeks after they came out. People realized they were underpowered and overpriced. It had nothing to do with Apple...:rofl:

No one is really using laptops ( netbooks) or Pc's anymore. Tablets in my opinion are becoming more popular than ever before.
No one is using laptops or PC's anymore? Where did you find this stat? If I'm not mistaken nearly everyone is still using a laptop or PC. I can agree that tablets are becoming more popular than ever, but that simply becuase they are still new and exciting. And I can even go as far as saying *most* of the new laptops made will be "hybrid" laptop/tablets. But saying no one uses laptops or PC's anyway is just way off.

The iPad mini is an overpriced, underpowered joke. The Nexus 7 is superior and costs substantially less. There's no way anyone is giving up their laptop or PC for an iPad mini.

I have a netbook and still prefer it since it has more capabilities than a tablet. Tablets are definitely outselling netbooks though, no doubt about it. Tablets are capable of doing what "most" people need/want to do which is check email, surf the web, watch vids, etc... Tablets are excellent "content consuming" devices but aren't so great at "content creation".

Maybe I should say something. Tablets are popular but not for me as they're a bother to carry around - can't tuck them away in my pocket like I can do with my cell phone. I'm focused on getting a new computer in my apartment, but that's another story. It'll be interesting to see what happens next with the netbooks.

I had a netbook that a coworker gave me for internet in my office. It lasted about an hour before I threw it. Could barely play a youtube video. Don't waste your money!

Depends what netbook you get. Mine has 4G of RAM, a 128G ssd and runs Win 7 64-bit very well. YouTube videos are no problem for it. Much better than an iPad mini tablet and cost the same.

It really depends on what you use it for, I love both iPad and my laptop, I like being portable and on the go, when I got my netbook it was running linux and I hated it and then the charger had blown up, got a new charger and that blown up after I had xp put on it...

Personally i think they will become obsolete, there are still a small audience that do want them but it;s not enough for manafacturers to continue making them.

With the Microsoft Surface coming out and making a point about it's keyboards and the number of keyboards available for the Ipad and other tablets there is no need for a Netbook nowa days.

Also funny comment @1337G33k
No one is really using laptops ( netbooks) or Pc's anymore

That has to be one of the most random things i've ever heard someoen come out with, where in "the blue hell" did you get this information from?

Yes! like everything else it is a fad....here one day gone the next.

Like what jmacavali stated, nothing will really replace the PC or Notebook.

Back
Top Bottom