Are-My-CPU-Temperatures-High???

Good luck mate, enjoy and prepare to become addicted to overclocking, once you start it's hard to stop.

:D

Good luck mate, enjoy and prepare to become addicted to overclocking, once you start it's hard to stop.

:D

hahah

I just did a simple OC 380x8 = 3040Ghz

RealTemp

Idle
Core 0 = 28
Core 1 = 27
Core 2 = 40
Core 3 = 39

As u can see Idle didnt change

Load
Core 0 = 44
Core 1 = 43
Core 2 = 53
Core 3 = 52

Load went up about 4c

What tortute test should I use? Smal fft?

UPDATE

After 9 minutes Core 2 faild (core 1 in realtemp) What should I raise CPU V? by how much?

I just bumped up the V from 1.2200 to 1.2500 testing now

mmmmmmmm, that's a lot of vcore for those clocks, is your memory linked (oc'd) as well or are you using a divider (memory at stock speeds)

NOTE: from the above quote - 3.2GHz on 1.175

I think we need to step back a tad, return your settings to stock and approach this again.

What is your VID? Real Temp will display VID as will CoreTemp

Small FFT will stress the cpu, good for cpu only oc testing and maximum heat

Blend test will stress cpu, memory and northbridge, the ultimate oc stability check.

Stock settings simple OC 380x8 = 3040Ghz

DSC06023.jpg

This is not stock. Default ram on this mobo is 800, because I OC it went up. I have the option for 1066 (its not a divider it sas "1066" but it wount post on it...) The V for Dram I set to what gskill suggests 2.0V - 2.1V but at tghis point I dont care about it 2 much, I want to get my cpu stable first

DSC06024.jpg

change the auto setting for the dram, that will be causing your oc to fail, you need to set the memory speed to it's default speeds rather than running it on auto.

There must be an option there somewhere to select DDR800(?) as opposed to the auto which is giving you DDR912.

You really should oc one thing at a time to simplify troubleshooting unstable overclocks

change the auto setting for the dram, that will be causing your oc to fail, you need to set the memory speed to it's default speeds rather than running it on auto.

There must be an option there somewhere to select DDR800(?) as opposed to the auto which is giving you DDR912.

You really should oc one thing at a time to simplify troubleshooting unstable overclocks

Well it was at 800 untill I OC to 3.0. If I raize the fsb dont I need to raize the ram speed as well? The option is right there, all I need to do is clikc enter on the AUTO and it will give me the speeds

kk, set to DDR2 800

Then we'll oc the cpu further, I'd probably drop the vcore back to around 1.175 just for starters , it'll probably run at a lower vcore as info from the net suggests that would be the case, but we'll start there for now

Back
Top Bottom