Are framed sites completely non-searchable by SEs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beleive they are spiderable but difficult... its best to design your site with frames because of accessability issues.

you do mean without, right? i didn't design the dang framed thing. i'm trying to get the company to ditch the frames, and coming up with evidence of why they should (can't be spidered by SEs, e.g.).

Err ya without :)

A major reason would be that its hard for blind people to navigate framed sites.

any reason a company might have to USE frames....
I'm positive they can be overcomed....

THERE is NO reason to use frames and true.... frames are not search engine friendly.

The main reason I'm hearing here is that the whole page doesn't need to be reloaded when one frame is changed. I can kind of see that. Can anyone offer me arguments to meet that? But the site is bizarre. The company logo has its own frame- no kidding!

uh changing a website that some one else designed POORLY blows! You can accomplish much the same effect with tables and its quicker. Nested tables are kinda crappy too but better than frames IMO. Just re-design it and show them the improvment.

kerriganm --- that "speed" argument is so old.... something like 1980 :)

a "big" page is a big page, frame or not.

a fast loading site has "zero" to do with frames.
a frame site loads no faster than one without.

can you guys call my coworker and tell him what a jerk he is? ;-D

thanks for all your help! now let's see if i can't break some frames!

sure whats the number? Enjoy re-creating that site. Hey post a link so we can see the now and then let us know when its done so we can see the after :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom