Are BMX's Hard to ride ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
hi, i've been cycling far distances these days.. i have had enough of gear bikes lol but i was going to look into a bmx.. i heard they are hard to pedal like when your going up a hill its hard to go up and nackers you strate the way ? is this true as i do travel far distances dont want to be nackered lool

lol... bmx + longdistance & up hill = 16 hour sleep

Its hard- i went for an hour in a construction area and i got owned.

I travel long distances. I wouldn't use any other kind of bike than a road bike.

I have one of these:
2001_KHS_Flite_500.jpg

do you have one of those aerodynamic helmets that extend lke 3 feet from the back of ur head? (im just curious)

trackbike_big.JPG

thats my workbike(messenger), one gear, no brakes

BMX isnt meant for long distance stuff, but no they arent really hard to pedal, they just have small wheels and a fairly low gear compared to a road bike, but you can go quite fast on a BMX bike for short sprints

Keadonen said:
do you have one of those aerodynamic helmets that extend lke 3 feet from the back of ur head? (im just curious)
it's got a kind of aerodynamic shape, but no it doesn't extend really far back. it's roughly the same dimensions as a normal helmet.

horndude said:
trackbike_big.JPG

thats my workbike(messenger), one gear, no brakes

BMX isnt meant for long distance stuff, but no they arent really hard to pedal, they just have small wheels and a fairly low gear compared to a road bike, but you can go quite fast on a BMX bike for short sprints

wow how much does that weigh? it must be super light considering its just a frame and wheels.

that's really only a track bike, isn't it? with no brakes.

I have to stop at traffic lights all the time, so I need brakes. and gears come in handy, especially for accelerating. I can accelerate faster than most cars do.

yes its a track bike, it weighs about 17lbs, cost me $515 to build it.

I stop at traffic lights too, I do about 50-60 miles a day in city traffic when im working. Gears dont work too well when the weather gets cold and wet, neither do brakes. Back pedaling or skidding on a track bike always works. In my job, sometimes less is more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom