Apply And Ok Vs Ok

ssc456

Fully Optimized
well ive always wondered why 70-80% of videos / guides / tutorials will always tell you to click apply then ok as apposed to just ok ?

it does the same thing right ?

I think its just if you want to test it out first.

For example, if you hit okay, it'll apply it, and also close the window. Just hitting Apply will apply the settings but not close the window, so if its a setting that has a few options, you can test without having to open it up again.
Thats what I think it means, and would be used for.

o i know what the apply button does but alot of these instructions direct you to hit apply immediately followed by ok.

i mean its instructions so they 100% want to choose that setting there not saying choose hat hit apply and if you like it click ok its "change to 1024X768 hit apply then ok"

I like to hit apply when I'm changing multiple options and there are multiple screens. I'll make the changes on one screen, hit apply, then go to the next screen and make changes then hit apply and so on. Just in case you accidentally hit cancel or something and all your changes go out the window. Something that has multiple tabs in the config or one of those menus on the left side for all different kinds of options. I just like to hit the apply button when I'm finished and move on to the next.

ok understandable for that type of thing but ive seen ALOT of instructions saying change one thing then apply and ok it ?

guess its just me being fussy i just wanted to know if there was ever a reason behind this maybe back in 98 days it didnt used to act it out until you rebooted unless you hit apply first something like that

I don't think so...

I think in terms of instructions and that, its to make sure they actually do it correctly, and don't press the X or something instead.

In alot of cases, just clicking OK usually results in the changes going back to what they were in the first place upon restart or reboot. Clicking apply saves the changes, then OK closes the window.

Back
Top Bottom