Application not found

ian0907

Beta member
Help please! My 16 year old son has somehow deleted everything off my computer. When I switch on it says it is unable to find application SHDOCVW.dll and that if i restore this it may fix the problem. All my icons have disappeared off my desktop and I'm a worried man. Unfortunately I am no computer whizzkid and the only thing I have tried is to look at what applications are running - but there are none! I am running Windows XP.
Any help would be appreciated

Google.com >> search your file. and ull most likely find a dll archive site. Download the file and place it in the path of where it says its missing. Windows folder for example. Man i solve this kinda thing with my gf's pc every month lol. Shes go a habbit of messing with dll's. How the hell.....pff. Anyway tell me of your progress!

ian0907 said:
Help please! My 16 year old son has somehow deleted everything off my computer. When I switch on it says it is unable to find application SHDOCVW.dll and that if i restore this it may fix the problem. All my icons have disappeared off my desktop and I'm a worried man. Unfortunately I am no computer whizzkid and the only thing I have tried is to look at what applications are running - but there are none! I am running Windows XP.
He couldn't have deleted "everything" if you loaded ,by the way what
win ver was that ?
It is probably set to "hide icons on desktop"
Just right click and change these options.
And please reply.or
Your on my never again list if not.sorry but thats the way it is now.

;)

ian0907 said:
If by everything off your computer you mean all your files; then you will not loose anything by Formatting the COmputer and reinstalling Windows.

Back
Top Bottom