Apple's Credit Account: Good Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeegro

Beta member
I think I am going to buy an Apple Powerbook G4 15" (2299$) but I don't have enough cash up front. I saw that they advertise 52$ a month with Apple Credit Account. I just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with this, how much I will end up paying, etc. I would plan on paying $150-$200 a month if that would help reduce interest.

Well, if you know the interest rate, then you can figure out your total cost based on how much you pay every month, and for however many months you inted to make payments. You will deffinitely end up spending more than just paying up-front, but without percentage rates, thats about all I can tell you. I've always purchased my Macs up-front, even if it meant a month with no food, or gas, or electricity, etc etc... :p

Like most consumer credit, it is a very high interest rate. You would be better to go to your bank or credit union and get a loan, even if you need to get a cosigner. Of course, do this only if you are completely able to repay the money. Otherwise, save up for it and avoid debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom