apple going intel unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, that rumor is all over the net right now, multiple news sources are saying the same thing.

Apple has a 1.6% market share worldwide, they might not survive the switch, OR another possibility it puts a huge dent in microsoft.Just depends on how Apple does it, if they use commodity x86 hardware and the price of their systems will drop bigtime.The flaws and problems with OS X will have to be fixed though, that BS microkernel they run wont fly on x86, too many people will just use linux instead.They may have Intel manufacture PPC chips though and stay with the same design they are using now, if thats the case not much will change cept at the low end where they are likely to use x86 hardware.I cant wait till Monday to find out.

I posted an article where apple said those allegations of using Intel CPU's were a lie like two weeks ago...it was shortly after the first announcement of them using the CPU's and then they apparently and came back and said no.

all the rumors now are saying they will be announcing the switch monday, sooooooooo, guess we will have to wait and see

IBM is having delivery issues, and they havent been able to scale up the speed of PPC chips like they wanted to either.Apple had the same problem with motorola years ago.

here's another thought that would throw a serious twist into things, Apple switches to x86 based on AMD chips :D

Great, Intel's seeping into yet anotherpart of the field.

Hmm... with the extra money from apple, do you think Intel would try to take the oppurtunity to overhelm its 'other' competators?

Hmm... sometihng to think over.

Ya it is a rumor but I see it more likely for intel to make ppc chips than apple doing a switch. I would not like that if I was not 15, I would shell out the $9000 for the G5 and two 30 inch displays.I worked with them in school man they are sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom