Apple BootCamp Problem

niceties55

Daemon Poster
I was partitioning my hard drive( had 20 gigs) using bootcamp to work with windows, and the software crashed half way! When i restarted computer I only had 13 gigs left, and there is no Windows partition.

Where did the 7+ gigs go? Can i get it back?

By chance did you do a backup of your information before you played around with bootcamp?

There are a couple of things that you can try. The first is that you can see if you have a recovery partition on your computer. You can find this out by looking on the screen after the Power On Self Test (POST). This is when your computer shows the manufacturers logo. There will be a couple of 'F' keys that you can push. One of them will be listed as recovery, or recovery partition.

If you don't have a recovery partiton then you can try to do a repair from a windows disk if you have one. When you get to the screen that says hit 'enter' for a new install, or 'R' for a repair, hit 'R'. Then it will try to repair any windows partitions on your hdd.

Cheers!

did you look at the bootcamp assistant and it said that? put the drive back to full size and then repartition it again..

Well, I put some software on it and it says I cant use BootCamp until i have 10 gigs free. Do i have to delete everything to get to 10 gigs? Or is there another way?

Back
Top Bottom