Apple announces shift to Intel chips from IBM

One of the main reasons for OS X was exactly this. Every version of OS X has been compiled for the x86 Arcutechture. As Jobs said " OS X has been leading secret double life". Part of the reason was to make this transition quick and painless when the time came.

And I dont see it becoming yet another Linux clone for two reasons. Firstly its far superior to any Linux distro I have used, OS is stable, seamless and somewhat decent looking. Compare this to any other mainstream Linux distro and all you get is the same patchwork nonsesne with a few diffrent config tools and a diffrent sticker on it. As far as dektop Linux distro's go, MacOS rules unfortuantly.

Seconldy dont be fooled into thinking you can run MacOS on your PC. This wont be the case (at least not officialt ;) )

thats all it is anyway... A clone of Unix written just like the Unix deployed on sparc machines (which have the same architecture as the powerPC chips).

except it has a much prettier interface...

I'm sure that this won't make Macs any cheaper of any more accessible, chances are they'll still try to rip off Mac users with over priced parts they insist on their shops fitting for you...

OK...

That's the final combat...

Only two contestants...

AMD vs Intel...

Next Chip will be the Athlon OS XT4...

I think what he's really saying is if someone wants to get Windows working on a Mac, They dont care. It wont be officialy supported but I dont think It will be as easy as sticking in a Windows disc ether.

Back
Top Bottom