Appearence

wilsonator

Baseband Member
When I turned my computer on today, the styl had changed form the standard xp blue one to the silver one and I hadn't changed anything. Why was this?

Also some items in the classic start menu appear grey an some white, yet their seems no pattern to them, as in last accessed ones, what is this and how do I stop my pc from doing this?

Do you have multiple monitors? Has someone got access to your pc that can change p/words?

Single moniter and my pc isn't password protected but none of my family have a clue about pcs so they couldn't have changed it.

A virus or trogan that makes your computer look better? Go figure :p

I'm not sure how that could have happened. I guess its possible you didn't shut down properly, and it had to load up default settings at bootup, and maybe just maybe, it chose that one...

Also, my start classic start menu has an arrow at the bottom pf the programs list which when I click the rest of my programs come up, how do I remove tis arrow.

That arrow is for personalisation.

Windows remembers what programs you've used lately, and just shows them to stop clutter. This feature can be useful when it comes to many users using the same computer, as it hides programs you don't use.

Though to get rid of it, go to Start, Settings, Taskbar and StartMenu,

Click on the Start Menu tab, and go to Customise.

Under the list, untick "Use Personalised Menus" at the bottom.

I hope this helps :)

Rather random situation. The start menu thing happens only with the classic start menu, so if you were using that, then that's fine.

But it changed from the default style to the silver one? Well it isn't difficult, sounds like someone changed it...randomly.

Back
Top Bottom