Apache

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonmon6691

In Runtime
I dont want to use a web host and i dont care about a domain names, as long as someone can type in my IP and get my website stored by ME not a domain. I know i want to use apache and i have played with it before and got a page on my loacl host but i want it to be on my 71.111.*.* not 127.0.0.1 how do i do this?

You need to forward port 80 (and any others that you may be using) in your router settings

Sorry, I forgot to ask if you are using a router in the first place. Are you?

If you are, you will need to go into the settings and have it forward incoming connections to port 80 to your computer.

Then if someone tries to connect to your external IP (71.111.*.*:80) your router will redirect their request to your computer which is hosting the page.

Ok

I tried to do that

i have the apache server running and i can access it via 127.0.0.1

i set my router to forward the global port 80 and the base host port 80 with TCP to my computer using its local IP address.

when i try to connect using the IP (71.111.X.X) the server is not found.

i tried turning off all of the firewalls on my network for a breif moment and it still didnt work.

what should i do?

Can you try connecting to it from a different computer that is not hosting it? I know that I can't connect to my external IP from my computer and have it laod, either.

Ya i tried that, i had my friend try. But one thing just occurred to me, do i need to run it on something other that windows home? I remember someone saying that it had some feature that disable that sort of incoming connection.

Hmm, no idea, I run Linux

Make sure no firewalls are blocking it (isn't there one built into Windows now, too?)

I also found this page which says:
At this point if you have Windows XP with SP2, you'll get a "Windows Security Alert" about blocking incoming connections for Apache. Choose "Unblock" on the window that comes up.

Hope this helps
~Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom