Apache or IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
This is a great article on Apache and IIS I even commented on there web site about this so when you check out the full article you will see my link. Apache is actually number 1 in the hosting market how ever only by 10% this number has dropped a great amount over the last few years mostly because of the growth of social networking sites and the recent growth of Windows Live. This has really narrowed the gab between Apache and IIS in the years to come we may see a 50 50 split or one will grow to the top again time will tell.

Apache Loses Market Shares to Microsofts IIS - Linux Magazine Online

If you're a "beginner" you cant beat IIS if you're pairing it with MS Web Platform Installer

A total newb can setup and maintain a websites using it. It downloads, installs, and configures everything you need for your website includig php, cgi, mysql, sql server, and more. It has tons of built in apps for a store front, blogs which include wordpress and joomla, and even bulletin boards, just like this one.

man, I sound like a TV add, but its true!

The only Apache bundle I've used is WAMP. WAMP is easy to setup too I suppose. Its been a few years since I've used it. It doesnt have any capability of automatically installing and configuring websites for you like the MS WPI I mentioned does. You can LITERALLY install and configure a Wordpress blog or any of its other applications in under 10 minutes.

It does it for you.

If you want to see it in action, my g/f is a teacher and happens to run the computer club (which really means I run the computer club haha!) And one of the labs I setup for the kids was to use WPI to install a website.

Instructions here: Word Press « Earth Science with Miss Campolongo

btw that link is to a wordpress blog for her classroom website which was also installed using WPI :D

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom