AOL dialup with a multitech routefinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

aajp7

Solid State Member
I'm trying to use an AOL dialup account with a multitech routefinder, but it won't get connected, the modem does dial up and tries to connect, but it drops off. Does anyone have any ideas on how, or can it even be done? Is there some way to manipulate the dial string in the routefinder, or am I out of luck.

I'm trying to use an AOL dialup account with a multitech routefinder, but it won't get connected, the modem does dial up and tries to connect, but it drops off. Does anyone have any ideas on how, or can it even be done? Is there some way to manipulate the dial string in the routefinder, or am I out of luck.

Chopper, HELP!

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do with an AOL dialup account. Is there any other way that I can use the account to network no more than 3 workstations with port mapping(port forwarding) to make this work. This will save me a bunch of money!!!!!!!!!

Chopper, HELP!

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do with an AOL dialup account. Is there any other way that I can use the account to network no more than 3 workstations with port mapping(port forwarding) to make this work. This will save me a bunch of money!!!!!!!!!

Sorry mate im not exactly sure about it my self:( I have asked a very good friend about it and am just waing for him to get back to me.

cheers

Sorry mate im not exactly sure about it my self:( I have asked a very good friend about it and am just waing for him to get back to me.

cheers

Sorry aajp7, AOL is its totally own proprietary entity... You will not get it to dial up from an auto box, no matter how many computers you want to use. Get an account with someone else... NOT COMPUSERVE! Try a local provider.

A friend of mine told me the same as Chopper said. It's one of those things that the "Big Boys" don't want anyone else to have a say in the game, if you get what I mean.

Seems like it's definitely time to get another ISP.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom