Anyone wanna help me out here?

foothead

Omnicide now.
Hey, anyone wanna help me out with this here?
http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/regs/comp...sters/flsa.htm

I am wondering if what my employer is doing in regard to these laws is legal.

first thing is that they are paying us $4.50/hr, which I know is allowed for the first 90 days, but it is gonna be past 90 days in a week, and they aren't planning on changing our wages.

Second is that they aren't paying any overtime (for people who work overtime) They argue that they don't have to because it is a seasonal job, but I can't find any mention of that anywhere.

Third is the poster on that page I linked. They have an old one from 1999 posted, with a Spanish one on top of it so nobody can read it. Is that allowed? It says on the page that it has to be posted...

Thanks to anyone who helps me out...I've just been wondering about all these things for a while.

So how old are you? How much overtime are people doing? You say its a seasonal job, how many months are you doing?

Its a summer job, but we do weekends also during school, so it ends up being more like 4 months. I'm 15, but there are a few who are 19/20 who work 80+ hours, and don't get paid overtime.

Its a summer job, but we do weekends also during school, so it ends up being more like 4 months. I'm 15, but there are a few who are 19/20 who work 80+ hours, and don't get paid overtime.

80+ hours?! Do you realize that is almost 12 hours a day if you worked 7 days a week?

Here's some great advice. Quit. Then, enjoy being a kid for a while. Then, after that, you find a job that doesn't pay minimum wage (or under?). That's what I did when I was 15. Had enough of the min. wage BS, enjoyed being jobless for a while, then got a job at a nursing home working for $9/hr. Now I don't have a job again because I run my own computer business :p.

Back
Top Bottom