Anyone using eSIM?

GabeMorello

Beta member
I'm thinking about getting a new phone for the eSIM functionality but I'm not sure if it's worth the fuss. It sounds great, particularly the part about being able to jump from network to network and not have to sign up for a contract - but that could sound better than it actually is.

Anyone using the tech? I'm keen to hear about your experience so far.

An embedded-SIM (eSIM) or embedded universal integrated circuit card is a form of programmable SIM card that is embedded directly into a device. In machine-to-machine applications, where there is no requirement to change the SIM card, this avoids the requirement for a connector.
An electronic SIM card, or eSIM, is a virtual SIM card that is downloaded to your device to use mobile services. Instead of inserting a physical card, you can install it on your device with a QR code.
eSIM replaces a separate physical SIM card and allows you to use the subscription without a traditional physical SIM card.
Good to know!

• Should the eSIM profile be deleted from the phone (eg resetting to factory settings), you can reconfigure the eSIM on the same device.
  • If you use eSIM on a smart watch, but want to use the same number on your phone when calling with the watch, first format the MultiSIM service.
  • If an eSIM-related device needs repair , a new SIM card must be used during the repair. When you return the device, you can reload the same eSIM profile to your phone (you need a voucher with a QR code).
  • eSIM Mobile ID is not supported. A physical SIM is required to use Mobile ID. However, you can take eSIM as an additional card.
  • eSIM only works on one device at a time. If you have already activated eSIM on one device, you will no longer be able to use the same eSIM on the other device.
  • Switching operators with eSIM is not faster than with a standard SIM card.

Back
Top Bottom