Anyone use amtrak?

Did you just buy a seat or did you get a cabin with a bed?....If you are just in a seat it's going to be a looooooonnnggggggg ride.

Riding the seats isn't a long ride. As long as the train is kinda empty you'll be able to commandeer a second seat and sleep nicely. Hanging out in the lounge car is fun too because you meet a bunch of interesting people and see a bunch of cool stuff. I took a train from Cleveland to San Francisco, and the 3 days on the train went pretty darn fast. Then again I spent most of it playing cards with a really cute girl.....

Riding the seats isn't a long ride. As long as the train is kinda empty you'll be able to commandeer a second seat and sleep nicely. Hanging out in the lounge car is fun too because you meet a bunch of interesting people and see a bunch of cool stuff. I took a train from Cleveland to San Francisco, and the 3 days on the train went pretty darn fast. Then again I spent most of it playing cards with a really cute girl.....

Lol Thus the reason it seemed fast :p
I have not taken a train nor a plane.. So I can't really say much on this subject..
Although I would love to. :)

Lol Thus the reason it seemed fast :p
I have not taken a train nor a plane.. So I can't really say much on this subject..
Although I would love to. :)

Same here. I can say, however, I had the unfortunate luxury of taking an RV from Minnesota to California...straight through while my dad and g-pa drove. We didn't even get to stop any place, however, driving through Reno in the very early morning (3-ish) was surreal and absolutely beautiful. Then before I knew it, I was scared shi*less going up and then back down Carson Pass (route 88)...our brakes were glowing red when we got to the bottom...we got passed by FULLY LOADED LOGGING TRUCKS all the way down. I was freaked out majorly haha.

I think I'll never fly. But, that's unrealistic to say so....

Anywho, I think the Amtrak would be fun!

riding the train will be amazing cause it goes strait through the grand canyon and las vegas, i just hope im like rubber chicken and i find a cute girl to keep me company :p

even though this is a stereotype, im sure you will find a cute girl, considering your going to cali. who knows future actress who cant afford expensive plain ticket. hmm

I live in New Jersey, I've only taken NJ Transit to get into New York City, but that only takes an hour tops haha. Bring your laptop, and hope there's an outlet to charge it, otherwise go place an order on 40 6 cell batteries.

Back
Top Bottom