Anyone shed any light?

toias123

Baseband Member
I'mlooking for a cpu that's quicker and more effective than my P4 2.4ghz. Unfortunately i am alittle out of date with the clock speeds and fsb's etc so was wondering if one of you nice people tell me where to aim. I'm not looking to Overclock either.

thanks

If you like Intel grab an 805 2.66 Pentium D. Duel core cpu and if you like OCing then its a great cpu. If not go for amd or am2, 3500 would be fine for both or if you like 3800x.

what ever u do wait until the end of the month, intels new cpu is gonna come out and amd is going to make a major drop in prices.

Get an AMD AM2 Socket Processor. They can beat most P4s and you don't have to wait! But if you want the best, and are willing to wait. Wait untill the end of July for Intel Core 2 Duo (Conroe).

what would be the most cost effective? don't know much about this new intel chip you see...

Well, the new Intel chip won't be too expensive, but the best bit will be it will drive down prices of the other, older chips as shops try and get rid of their large stocks.

If you don't want to spend too much, a Pentium D 805, a new motherboard such as the AsRock Dual LGA775 and 1GB of DDR2 RAM will set you back just over £200

Back
Top Bottom