anyone reccomend zalman 5.1 surround headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havoc and I have had a discussion about them on Vent. I also own a pair with the mic. The headphones are excellent for the money. I highly recommend them, as well as the mic (if you have a need for it).

Elbatrop1 said:
Havoc and I have had a discussion about them on Vent. I also own a pair with the mic. The headphones are excellent for the money. I highly recommend them, as well as the mic (if you have a need for it).

Oh yeah, I knew there was someone else who has them. yeah, lol, you had your mic all rigged up like MacGyver.

But, yeah, since your married now... you should try to get back on vent. Well, if your better half will lengthen your chain.... j/k

They suck and sound like crap. The ONLY thing they do well is soundstage for games.

The bottem register is totally rolled off with a huge hump in the mid-bass and the midrange is very recessed and honkey with edgy rolled off highs.

Please do yourself a favor and dont buy them. You need them like you need a hole in your head.

While this guide is not very complete, it is a good start. Read it:
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...headphone+faq&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=opera

I linked to the google cache version because xtremesystems is down right now.

003 said:
They suck and sound like crap. The ONLY thing they do well is soundstage for games.

The bottem register is totally rolled off with a huge hump in the mid-bass and the midrange is very recessed and honkey with edgy rolled off highs.

Please do yourself a favor and dont buy them. You need them like you need a hole in your head.

While this guide is not very complete, it is a good start. Read it:
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...headphone+faq&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=opera[/url]

I linked to the google cache version because xtremesystems is down right now.

Oh, give it a rest 003. Seriously...
NO THEY ARE NOT SENNHEISER or GRADO'S and they certainly aren't AUDIOPHILE headphones...

lol -This is funny...

THEY ARE $50.00 PC HEADPHONES... MOSTLY BOUGHT BY GAMERS... NO ONE SAID THEY WERE USED FOR STUDIO RECORDING...

My point is, they sound a lot worse than other "computer" headphones. I didnt tell him to get audiophile headphones. I just told him not to get these.

I would suggest a Koss KSC-75 over these. Or a Sennheiser PX-100. Or an AKG K81DJ.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Oh, give it a rest 003. Seriously...
NO THEY ARE NOT SENNHEISER or GRADO'S and they certainly aren't AUDIOPHILE headphones... But, for a PC user for games, movies and music... they are just fine.

lol -This is funny...

THEY ARE PC HEADPHONES... MOSTLY BOUGHT BY GAMERS... NO ONE SAID THEY WERE USED FOR STUDIO RECORDING...

So, I take it that you're not going to buy me a pair? :(

Alright, I'll stop now. I'm just procrastinating on a crap load of work I gotta do.

heck man, those AKG K240 studio headphones that came in the audio kit for this school sound awesome. They REALLY start to shine after they've had time to burn in. It's a pretty flat frequency response from 15Hz to 25kHz, can't go wrong with that.

At first I hated them, but after I kept listening to them they just sounded better and better.

However, of course these aren't surround sound headphones. Psht....I can still tell where everyone is coming from in a game in time to DESTROY THEM ALL!!!

But yeah...honestly.... most people won't even notice this "The bottem register is totally rolled off with a huge hump in the mid-bass and the midrange is very recessed and honkey with edgy rolled off highs. ". Some won't even know what you mean, some know but can't really hear it, etc..etc... so I wouldn't really go that much into it.

i'm not a sound quality nut, nor do i care if they are of really high quality. they were in my price range of under shfity dollars, and they seemed decent. all i am doing is playing bf2 and the occasional south park video, and i rarely listen to music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom