Anyone preparing for another interviews while working full-time?

optimisticStar

Beta member
I am presently living in US and working full-time which goes for about 9-10 hours/day. Another hour goes in driving to work n back. I want to switch jobs and preparing for interviews, but not sure why I am finding it too hard to switch jobs. I just get couple of hours in evening on weekdays, but by the time evening comes in, I am almost exhausted as my company micro-manages everything and I hardly get to take my mind off the work.

Also the hiring companies are asking a lot like data structures and algorithms/problem solving questions(which needs lots of practice), iOS basics and few existing apps in app store (since I am applying for iOS developer). The company I am presently working on keeps on changing technologies after every few months, so I never got to work on iOS for more than 1.5 years I can say and going forward I wish to make my career as a iOS developer.

I feel like there is a lot for me to prepare/practice and I hardly get couple of hours in evening and a whole Saturday. I am not understanding how should I give time to it or when will I be done with preparation. Anyone working and preparing for interviews at the same time?

Been me the past 6 months. If you're an avid developer and you've worked on it for 1.5 years that's on the resume. If you've developed anything else that helps, more so in the mobile department. Idk the rules in the software development but ex amount of years of experience added to whatever certifications and degrees you have makes you a qualifiable candidate IMO. Just practice the stuff you need in your free time and just give it a shot.

Also see if your current employer has formal 3rd party training available, or will offer to pay for such courses. That way you get experience in the area that you want, plus you'll get paid to do it :p.

The interview questions about data structures, algorithsm, etc. are all pretty par for the course for development jobs no matter where you go. If you're unsure on them...then I would take some time if possible and brush up on that kind of stuff. Can usually find interview-type questions online of what to possibly expect and then go back and read some Intro to Computer Science books.

Also, make sure you don't market yourself to one single language if possible; being flexible is extremely important in software development in regards to being able to pick up multiple languages.

Back
Top Bottom