Anyone knowledgeable about Apple?

thank you for all the replies. the adviser had a recommended setup page on apple for education page, but it was outdated, and the specs werent available anymore, such as just 3 gig, and the nvidia card. and it will just be adobe photoshop/indesign/illustrator, and some flash. she also suggested against the notebooks, as it will "probly get stolen on this campus" lol. and i can just use an ipod to transfer files, so i wont need the portability.

can anyone spec out a mac pro that would be sufficient? not too over the top, but not just the minimum that would get me by either

All I know is, 5 a day keeps the doc....oh, that kind of Apple...

If they do a dual core in laptops, it may be worth going for that.
For graphic designand such though, unless you are playing games, a top notch graphics card probably isn't needed, but if your doing any kind of 3D based work, then a good card will push a lot more polys, and so increase your work flow, and so is probably advised (No need to get an 8800 or anything though)

thank you for all the replies. the adviser had a recommended setup page on apple for education page, but it was outdated, and the specs werent available anymore, such as just 3 gig, and the nvidia card. and it will just be adobe photoshop/indesign/illustrator, and some flash. she also suggested against the notebooks, as it will "probly get stolen on this campus" lol. and i can just use an ipod to transfer files, so i wont need the portability.

can anyone spec out a mac pro that would be sufficient? not too over the top, but not just the minimum that would get me by either

Check out this link:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...=browse&node=home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro

The entry-level Pro will be sufficient for your needs. Its got a 200GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, and a great processor. If you want to upgrade the RAM, you can always buy it from an aftermarket seller, as Apple really rips you off.

Back
Top Bottom