Anyone here good with BDOD's?

eslfish

Fully Optimized
Heya guys!

I just bought the CoD pack on Steam. Installed World at War and I got 3 BSOD's this morming. My PC is wayy over the specs for the game.

Here are my PC specs-

Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory: 4094MB RAM

Video Card: ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5850

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I can run ANY other game and have no BSOD's. Anyone have a problem like this?

thanks.

bs2.jpg

bs1.jpg

That's all that it gave me...I don't know how to bring that screen back up unless I get another BSOD. The top was just a whole bunch of jazz and nothing...

Usually at the top od the blue screen it will tell you what the error was in all caps with an underscore between each word. The stop code is near the bottom and looks like this: STOP 0x0000002E. With those you can narrow down the problem and find a fix.

Here's a nice guide: Blue Screen of Death Survival Guide

^ Well the problem is- is that my PC would just lock up and freeze. The audio would freeze too and the mouse, then when I reset my PC I would get those pics above.

I'm not sure where it is in W7 but if you navigate to 'Startup and Recovery' settings and un-check 'Automatically Restart' in the 'System Failure' box next time a BSOD happens the computer wont automatically re-start and you get to see the stop code.

EDIT: Here's how to stop automatic restarts in W7...

Also when/if I get a BSOD I will usually run Memtest86+ that I have on a bootable CD just to eliminate RAM problems.

^ Well the problem is- is that my PC would just lock up and freeze. The audio would freeze too and the mouse, then when I reset my PC I would get those pics above.

That's not a BSOD or a hardware error then. That's just the game crashing :p

Back
Top Bottom