Anyone have the Micro R/C Helicopter from Thinkgeek? (HX-242 Dragonfly King)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phate

In Runtime
if you do, i need your help.

im trying to trim it so its stable, and i got the body to not turn a lot in flight, the trims ALL the way to the left :D

but my problem is this

during flight, the bottom rotor swirls, it basically leans in every direction in a circular motion, if you dont understand this, i dont know how to further explain it, but it doesnt stay flat, it twirls around to the point where at the peak of its lean, it is coming in contact with the above rotor, thus crashing the helicopter.

any idea how to fix this, or what trim tab it is? :D

-Phate

Judging solely on the pics it seems that RC Heli has two main rotor systems - probably counter rotors. And from the lean/motion you are describing, it could be that those two systems aren't parallel to each other "in flight". One is probably slightly angled (aka - Pitch and Yaw). Which is probably creating a different force then the other one, in a different direction, causing it to lean. They should be flexible and loose at rest, but during flight they should be stiff and rigid, from the centrifugal force. But if the rotors are fixed in a pitch or yaw... CRASH!!!!

This is purely theory...

could you explain further?

yes, it is a coaxial rotor system, which means two alternate rotating blades, which makes the tail rotor an up-down rotor to angle for forwards or backwards flight.

the blades are loose when not in flight, obviously i cant check while in flight.

if i was to change this leaning, based on the thinkgeek picture of the controller and the flying guide with a picture of what the controller and what each stick does, any idea which tab to use? :D

sorry to be putting on this much pressure :D

if anyone else has one of these helicopters and fixed this problem, SPEAK UP!

-Phate

I cant tell by just looking at the picture is there a way to tighten up the bottom rotor? I know what your talking about but ive never flown a coaxial heli. What you really want is the trims in the middle of the transmitter when its in flat level flight. There should be some way of adjusting the server arms (or w/e they use for control) to the rotors. It could be these are loose or improperly set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom