Anyone had successful OC RAM for Ryzen CPUs?

Wildside

Hellfire!
Hey there, vet here. I've had Ryzen since it launched. Already have BIOS at 1201 and have some Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz ram here. This week, when im off work, i want to try OCing this ram to it's correct speeds. Before I attempt, has anyone successfully or gotten close to 3200 speeds on this ram with ASUS Hero mobo yet? OCing is so brand new to me all over again with this Ryzen. I already have watched a few OC vids on youtube but i need to learn more about what each setting does in BIOS before attempt at this. Any help is appreciated.

If you're just trying to run advertised speeds then just run the XMP profile. As of the latest bios updates it should run easily. I have built 2 Ryzen 1600 systems with my RAM (3000) and ran at XMP easy. If it doesn't run completely stable back it off to 3000 until they mature the platform a bit more.

As advertised yet for now. Able to get 2933MHz. Won't do 3200 naturally without tweaking. Next one is CPU. I have 4 fans now on my H100i just for this processor. How do you like Ryzen so far? It is pretty awesome. Havent gamed much on it though.

The rig built with the 970 saw no need to OC anything actually for 1080p gaming and that was just with a 1600. I'll be moving to Threadripper if that says anything.

Back
Top Bottom