Anyone got experience with Restaurant Self Order Systems?

Simple answer, Im not a consultant.. when I am, I will be a expert in the field, as that's why I would be a consult..

I do help, its evident. But when someone makes a post about consulting, they hired him/ her because he/her told the restaurant they can help and charge them for this..

There is nothing wrong in him/ her asking for help so he can keep his client, but I'd like to get paid aswell to help him, otherwise tell me the company and I'd directly contact them and provide the support they need at less pay.

Would there be a problem with that? after all i'd be helping the restaurant?

I'll go ahead and make sure to send a bill to your company next time you ask questions on here, as an additional support fee :). (Protip: that's not the point of a tech forum - the point is to help users to come and post).

Also, just because you're a consultant, doesn't automatically make you 100% knowledgeable in every area. You'll still have to do research, which is what OP is doing - he's asking specific questions in regards to if anybody has any experience with any self-service POS's.

1) What do you guys think is the best/some of the best Self Ordering Systems? What advantages/disadvantages do they offer?
Sheets! Advantage is easy customization of what toppings or condiments I want and i would think it a big advantage, for them, of their system is that the food is paid for before its made - minimizing risk of some kiddo getting their hands on a device and ordering a few hundred dollars worth of tacos.

2) What external devices are required for a Self Ordering System for a restaurant with about 50 tables? E.g.: Dedicated servers, tablets, smartwatches?
I like Sheets workstation model. Maybe at the entrance of the building, a worker would guide the people to the station, pick the table, and allow them to customize their experience.

4) For the program you recommend, can the restaurant owner modify the menu, add photos, discounts?
I know a local restraunt uses an andriod tablet. I would assume they just bought the app that they use from the play store. Not sure what its called.

6) Is it possible to use an existing POS system and only modify the Self Ordering part with beautiful visual displays?
Depends entirely on what current POS they're using. If its a vintage register I would laugh :p

I'll go ahead and make sure to send a bill to your company next time you ask questions on here, as an additional support fee :smile:. (Protip: that's not the point of a tech forum - the point is to help users to come and post).

Also, just because you're a consultant, doesn't automatically make you 100% knowledgeable in every area. You'll still have to do research, which is what OP is doing - he's asking specific questions in regards to if anybody has any experience with any self-service POS's.

Like I said, Im not consultant, I havent taken a IT job pretending to know something when I dont, and getting you guys to tell me how to do the job so I can get paid... If so, you would say "You need to take a course, and do exams, etc".

The thread just came across as someone looking for answers to a job he's been hired for but knows nothing about it or so he doesn't lose business, maybe I was being to caution... But thats me. :cool:

Apology if I offended the OP by making the wrong judgement.

Back
Top Bottom