Anyone ever bought an open box newegg motherboard?

i want a laptop

In Runtime
Couple of questions. The open box motherboards only come OEM, they say the don't come with the accessories. As for the cables and such, I don't need any of those, all I want/need is the motherboard and the metal bracket that the ports poke out of. Do the open box motherboards come with these? Also, if the motherboard doesn't work can I RMA it? Or for open box products is it different?

Couple of questions. The open box motherboards only come OEM, they say the don't come with the accessories. As for the cables and such, I don't need any of those, all I want/need is the motherboard and the metal bracket that the ports poke out of. Do the open box motherboards come with these? Also, if the motherboard doesn't work can I RMA it? Or for open box products is it different?

it may not come with the I/O shield and isn't guaranteed to, all you are guaranteed to get is the motherboard, I got an open box motherboard once and all that was in the box was the motherboard, I've heard of people getting everything, just as if it was a new retail motherboard, it's a crap shoot really, but if you don't need any of the accessories they usually are a bargain...

Well I don't really need the back panel do I?

I've run a few systems without it, it really doesn't affect the system that much, I did end up buying the back panel at the online ASUS store for $15 shipped, I saved about $50 on the motherboard, so I was already ahead anyway...

Check their warranty policy for that specific item. It may be a case of manufacturer RMA / returns only. I work for a computer company that sells “open box” boards and it doesn't mean it comes with or does not come with a particular accessory. In most cases it is an RMA replacement from the manufacturer that cannot be sold as a “new” product. (In most of our cases).

Your best bet would be to call in about the item, and ask what it comes with. When customers contact us about open box items I can check for them and verify the contents of the box. Good luck!

I try to avoid open box stuff like the plague. It's bound to give you trouble, because someone has already tampered with it, and they sent it back for a reason. Also, it doesn't have the same warranty.

Back
Top Bottom