Anybody out there?

I've quit a lot of forums because they have gone stale. I almost quit this one as it is slow but a handful of us are still talking so I stayed.

One thing I tend to hate about Resident Evil forums is that a lot of people suck up to Capcom, even though there's mountains of evidence that proves they rip off other games, lie to their fans, and whatnot. Also, the last one, 7: Biohazard, was more like an experimental horror game that had the most boring looking monsters. Capcom in their current state cannot outdo the originals.

Dunno if you ever played them, but all the old games had zombies. It was mostly zombies, but you also had dogs, spiders, crows, and often other creatures like the Hunters and Lickers, and in the third game, you were chased by a monster known as Nemesis. Everybody associates these enemies with the franchise. :hide:

Then Resident Evil 4 game along in 2005 and ruined the series. It had NOTHING to do with the characters trying to stop Umbrella whatsoever. Umbrella is the company responsible for the viral outbreaks in the old games. This game was nothing like the old ones either. In the opening scene, they just announce that Umbrella (the bad guys) went out of business, and suddenly the guy from the second game is now some Tom Cruise type agent sitting in a car, talking with these Spanish cops, while heading to a village to look for the president's daughter. What ensues is hours of nausea-inducing shoot-outs, and every bad guy drops money or bullets, and you get these ogre things that would fit in well with The Hobbit movies. This guy with a big rod thing was controlling all the villagers and druids with parasites, and you go to a castle and other places over and over again, and pick up treasure and sell this precious stuff to a merchant, which I guess is why we have stuff like this in games such as Days Gone nowadays with the campers setting up stalls. The plot was dumb, too. The game had tremendous action, I'll say that much. But was it truly a Resident Evil game? Hell no! :rolleyes:

It only got worse from there, because they milked the crap out of the series with these bad spin off games, like Umbrella Corps. The Resident Evil 2 remake kind of sucks too. Leon looks like crap, and they removed tons of stuff, like the spiders, and the original plants got replaced with these vine men. The beginning of the game had no tension at all. You just run up one alley, and that's you at the police station already, and the zombies look way too different as well. It wasn't that scary either. It was just gory. They made it super dark too.

Boo-hoo. You don't fool me, Capcom. Bloody crap, and what a way to tarner a once great series. :mad:

My guess is that they're trying to keep it fresh but they don't realize that they destroyed the theme.

It's the same with movies. Good things only last so long then it becomes old hat.

Back
Top Bottom