Anybody know whats going on with Testking and CompTia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustynF

Baseband Member
Before I get flamed I want to explain that I do read the books and do study to learn the material. I use CBT direct for all my e-learning and then I use Testking for there test engine to judge whether I am ready to take the test. Well last night I went to DL a test engine for the Comptia Net + and I noticed all Comptia products are pulled from Testking website. Any help with other sites that might be useful to me would be greatly appreciated. I did find Examsheets.net and globalcert.com that still have comptia products on them but I have never heard anyone speak of them. Also another thing I noticed is that all these helper sites are designed the same meaning they all look like testking. Are they virtually made from the same people or owned by one entity?

i'd guess one of two things happened. Comptia is restructuring their certs and braindump sites are prepping new material. or Comptia sent a cease and desist letter.

I did a google search and did find that CompTia was going after some of these braindump sites but those articles were dated back to 2002.

csamuels said:
i'd guess one of two things happened. Comptia is restructuring their certs and braindump sites are prepping new material. or Comptia sent a cease and desist letter.

That does not matter, testking still has a right to sell there product because of the lack of security from the testing centers. What the company can do is enforce procedures for when you get caught cheating (which they do). Like you said, you only use testking to see if you're ready. That does not matter, even if you're telling the truth, it is still cheating. You are seeing the questions before everyone else.

The testing procedures have been getting much stricter, and this may be why testking has removed their products. Maybe even a pending lawsuit would force testking to feel some heat. But even though it will not hold up in court, it still solves the problem of cheating on their tests temporarily.

What they need to do is only allow higher education centers to be used as testing centers. This will get rid of all the testing centers which support cheating (obviously testkings center).

I don't think its fair to say it is cheating to see questions of the test while in preparation. Lots of times in SAT Prep, MCAT Prep, etc. you will see the exact same questions in the testing. Test King may just give very up to date help. :)

Testking gives you the entire DATABASE of questions thats going to be on the test and NOTHING else. When preparing for the SAT or GRE etc, out of the thousands of questions you look at it is only by chance that you would see one or two that might be on the test. This is expected when you're studying for anything. What is not expected is testkings DB of actual questions, when you could just remember the letter you chose and nothing else and get the question right on the test.

I do not know why anyone would approve of this, especially csamuel. The guy who says one or two certifications can get you a really nice job, etc etc. But if this is true, under testking, the guy in the world with the least knowledge about computers could pass the certifications and thus get a really nice job and so on. Because obviously it does not take knowledge about anything except remembering the answer, which if I might add anyone could do at any age.

This is a major reason why certifications do not mean anything anymore, because anyone can get them with products like testking.

I tried TestKing years ago for the Windows 95 MCP test right when it came out replacing Windows 3.1 and only a few of the questions from the test were actually used by TestKing. I passed by reading the Windows 95 resource kit book three times... lol (lot of pages I know). I haven't used them since. It sounds like they got more exact over the past several years from reading this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom