any tv tuner cards for pc that can act as a digital cable receiver?

im not fully sure what u mean in the question.
are u asking if there is a card (like the ones that pic up free to air tv)
if there is a card that pics up tv that u usually have to pay for
?????

just hook the output of the recivier box to your computer's input.

but to answer your question, im 99% that there isnt. the box's are pretty bulky, ive never seen a big TV tuner card, although i guess you could shoot off some emails to comcast\dish if you want.

most cable boxs have a vga output so u can plug it right into your lcd

no, what i mean is that i want to hook up the cable directly from the wall to the computer, and have all my digital cable channels, without using the rogers digital cable box that they provide. I also want to use the provided tv tuner remote that would come with the computer tv tuner.

no tv tuner card currently supports that plus with out the box u wont get on demand ect
if u have the actual box hooked to tv tuner card or to your monitor thats a diff story

What about the WIN TV HVR cards? I was looking this up recently when i switched to Digital Cable. Hauppauge has the HVR 950 that is supposed to do analog, digital, and hi def digital. Here is a link to it: http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_hvr950.html

I was going to buy one awhile back when i thought i was going to lose my analog input to the digital one on my other TV's. If you get it, let me know how well it works.

Back
Top Bottom