Any suggestions for socket 939 cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmlow

Beta member
Just ordered a Athlon 64 3800+ on and MSI Neo4 board... any suggestions for a socket 939 fan/heatsink?

you bought an OEM or boxed? boxed already comes with stock HSF, but if that's not enough, i suggest a tube of arctic silver 5 and:

-zalman 7700cu
-thermalright XP-90c
-thermalright XP-120
-thermaltake silent boost
-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106061&ATT=Fans+Heatsinks+Case+&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r

Yes, yes, yes.. get the AS5. I've heard nothing but good things about the zalman 7700cu but, alas.. it's atleast $45-$50.

This is what I'm using with my 64/3400 cpu ~click here~ and using it with the AS5, I idle around 29/31 and full load around 35/37 celsius. Not to mention.. it looks cool :).

The Thermalright XP-120, XP-90, and XP-90C are all very similar in terms of cooling. The Zalman is very quiet but also is very heavy.

xp-90....great bang for your buck, and doesn't wiegh a tonne like it's copper version, so if you carry your case around to lanparties or whatnot, you don't have to worry about it. It's really cheap at svc.com, I think

You might want to look into the Thermaltake Silent Boost K8. That is what I have, and it says it is made for Athlon processors. All I know is that it isn't noisy, and it keeps my CPU (which I have overclocked from 1.8 GHz to 2.3 GHz) at about 35 c when idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom