Any Other Computer Shop Owners Out There?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Luck, im just curious on how shops that sell PC Parts make money when theres huge already succesfull shops such as Ebuyer, Newegg, Scan, Dabs etc etc... ?

I don't think it's so much about the parts, but about building and upgrading. Not everybody knows how to upgrade and places like Best Buy charge a mint to do it for you. Also, most people don't know anything about Newegg or ZZF and buy stuff from big box retailers.

Most shops are also in the business of selling older equipment, at least around me. So you can pay maybe $200 for a Northwood P4 system, just fine for surfing and office work, rather than $600 for a brand new pc.

I am employed at a small service and repair center, but I don't own it.

I don't think it's so much about the parts, but about building and upgrading.
That's correct, there is little money in sales because it is difficult to compete with larger retailers who buy in bulk and get bigger discounts. The store where I work actually has very little stock, everything is ordered after a sale is locked in and it gets picked up from the supplier the next day.

All money is in service though. Virus cleanup and data backup and recovery are more popular than anything else and there's good money to be made.

And surely its very easy to do. Give them a speach like 'We'll just test it with our expensive virus detection software' *goes into back installs AVG free edition* and walla. Im surprised people don't know these kinda things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom