Any one here good with electronics. Flashing LEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
For those people that don't know, I do enjoy cosplaying at various events. Now just about all the comic book, anime and geek cons are up for this year, so I am looking at getting ready for next year.

So what superhero am I cosplaying at the next Sydney Pop Culture Con....... DOG WELDER. The most awsome-ist comic book superhero to date. He fights crime by welding dead dogs to people.

Dogwelder (comic book character)
A mysterious and disturbing crimefighter who terrifies and maims evildoers by welding dead dogs to them.

Dogwelder is a member of Section 8, a "superhero" team led by delusional superhero wannabe Six-Pack, a supporting character in the comic book series "Hitman".

Dogwelder is a mysterious and likely disturbed individual who never speaks. His face is never revealed; always hiding behind a welding mask. All we know of Dogwelder and his methods are that he seems to live in an alley, he sets traps for stray animals, has a supply of dead dogs (perhaps just puppies) and he fights evil by pouncing upon evildoers and welding a dog to their face.

Yes, I am doing this because I can and it's just plain wrong (along with that guy that shows up at the Postal Dude every year with the machine gun sticking up the cat's ummmmm......)

Anyways, I need to create a welding touch for dog welder and i am thinking about having some ultra bright LEDs.
What I would like to do is make switch where it will go from a flashing red/organ LEDs to a flashing bright blue/white LEDs.)
How do I got about designing an electronics circuit for this?

Alternating Flashing LED's / Lights - One LED ON, One OFF

Post up if there's anything you don't understand or need help with. You could easy just make two of these, one for each colour. E.g. first circuit is two flashing red lights, second is two flashing blue/white leds. Switch on the power between the two circuits will be good enough to change which one is activated. Slide switch, toggle switch, doesn't really matter. Then BEFORE that switch (e.g. between the power source and the toggle switch) put one more switch (which will be used to turn the whole thing on or off).

It's been a long time (y9 high school) since I looked at this sort of stuff. However what you have posted up there is making sense to me, and all I would need to is a simple modification from that as I would like to have Red/Orange and BrightBlue/White.

Or I might do some thing with this
http://www.electrokits.com/LED-Circuits/8-Flashing-LEDs with a combination of White and Bright Blue.

Yeah that'd work too. It's a pretty easy thing to get going :) there are literally 10 other ways I can think to do this just straight off the top of my head. An IC and a couple of LEDs are pretty much all it is.

When it come down the Leds, is there any thing stopping me from dipping the LED into clear resin.
The LEDs is for dog welders welding torch and it's going to provide a some thing as close as possible to a welding torch flame. (me walking around with an actual live welding torch a crowded comic book convention is not a safe idea).
The idea is for me to make a mold for the flame. Pour clear resin into it. And before the resin dries, put the LEDs into the resin.
Obviously I would want to have the circuit finished and tested first before putting the LEDs into the resin.

Cool. It's some thing that I can work on between now and Armageddon Sydney 2011 and SupaNova Sydney 2011.
The other cosplay I am working is a early 90's Cable from X-Men/X-Force. Cable is going to be the serious cosplay. Dog Welder is going to be the not so serious cosplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom