Any Magic the Gathering nerds out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
I just started playing again for the first time in 7 years and I was curious if anyone else played an if they have any outstanding cards or stories?

I now remember why I stopped playing, you just want to put more and more money into decks. lol

I used to play way back when. I favored a modified Kurd Ape deck (very fast red/green deck), but was able to fashion any color or combination deck easily. I had way too many cards, and a lot of them (50%+) were rares or better (I was very lucky and made some sweet deals).

I quit and sold my cards when I quit RPGs.

I used to play a ton when I was in Jr. High, still have the vast majority of my cards. Probly closed to 2 shoe boxes full.

I used to play all the time, my cards are somewhere...I think my problem was Type 2 rules kept ruling out older cards, so there was no way to keep a Type 2 legal deck if I ever wanted to play in local tournaments. But it was fun to play with friends when they were around in high school.

The issue is some of the rules IMO, requiring you to have the absolute latest for tournaments is kinda... Stupid? I mean, the game is old, but, I don't see the point in dumping every cent into a card game every year.

I play with a few friends, they supply the cards, and thats about it, I rather play Yugioh, but, that has died around here. :(

I play the PC Version of it. I made a vow never to waste money on actual CCGs ever again after blowing insane amounts of money on this hobby in my youth.

I lost my cards. Luckily I hadn't spent much money by that point.

I have vowed to stay away from CCG's. So much money wasted when I was younger. ._.

I agree tournament rules are stupid which is why I only play with friends. Having a bunch over tonight to have a nerdy time play MTG and xbox. haha

Yerfdog, that sig cracks me up every time i see it...hahaha Props RichM499 :p

I play the PC Version of it. I made a vow never to waste money on actual CCGs ever again after blowing insane amounts of money on this hobby in my youth.

Sorry, I lie. I might not collect Magic or any other CCGs. But I do play Munchkin. It's a game where if you happen to do a lot of pen and paper roll play games, you will enjoy the humor. My RPG group on Sundays seems to get together for breakfast and a game or 2 Munchkin.
Currently I have Munchkin Decks 1 to 6. Still need to get Deck 7 and I might look at getting some of the other decks like Fair Dust, Space Munchkin and Super Munchkin.
I guess the reason why I do not cast Munchkin in the same area as Magic is because all the decks are the same and you are not constantly purchasing booster packs with random cards in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom