Any ideas or help?

ISolveCubes

Baseband Member
Hello friends! I am quite new to website design and I know very little html and nearly zero css. I am wondering if you have any recommendations on how to learn it. I was taking a website design class for about a week over the summer and I started designing my own website. I found a free host and published it and just edited it from there. I was wondering if you had any tips on designing it and would very much appreciate it if you helped me design it. I feel like a fool asking about this but I was attempting to test if I could add something to my site and manipulate it with css. Obviously it failed. Can anyone help me with this? The site is majorly under construction so don't mind all the help links close to the top. Ill upload the css file and html file so you may take a look.

Here is the link to the site: Learn the cube!

Attachments

• css.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 0
What exactly were you wanting to try and do with CSS?

What's the purpose of site you want to make?

IMO, I'd look into more frameworks like JavaScript (pretty much a necessity to learn along with HTML and CSS for web development these days) - but rather than pure JS, use things like jQuery, AngularJS (for easier usage of JavaScript), and Bootstrap (for design).

Don't use that host, it has advertisements, I recommend x10 hosting.

I agree with carnage, in web design, html and CSS aren't enough. how else are you going to make things like text entry boxes that 'do something' or sign up and login systems?

Don't use that host, it has advertisements, I recommend x10 hosting.

I agree with carnage, in web design, html and CSS aren't enough. how else are you going to make things like text entry boxes that 'do something' or sign up and login systems?

All depends on what OP wants to do, really.

CSS is super powerful, especially CSS3. I mean, look at these:
Imageless iPhone 4
CSS Only iPhone 6

If he's making a static content site, most of it could be done with HTML/CSS with little to no JS.

What exactly were you wanting to try and do with CSS?

What's the purpose of site you want to make?

IMO, I'd look into more frameworks like JavaScript (pretty much a necessity to learn along with HTML and CSS for web development these days) - but rather than pure JS, use things like jQuery, AngularJS (for easier usage of JavaScript), and Bootstrap (for design).

The purpose of the site will be to teach people how to solve a Rubik's cube most likely with some youtube videos and I am only trying to learn CSS and get better with it. The word "SEASTAR" on the bottom was a test that failed and I am not sure what I did wrong. The CSS file is in the post and I'll upload the HTML file I am using to show you what I did. If anyone could help by fixing it or by telling me what I did wrong and how to fix it I would very much appreciate it.

Attachments

• index.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
If you have the files on the site already, no need to upload attachments. We can view the HTML/CSS source files within browsers (via the Dev Tools - something you should definitely get familiar with if you plan on doing web development - access it by hitting F12 on your keyboard within the browser).

If you have the files on the site already, no need to upload attachments. We can view the HTML/CSS source files within browsers (via the Dev Tools - something you should definitely get familiar with if you plan on doing web development - access it by hitting F12 on your keyboard within the browser).

I am aware that you can do that, but I am on a Chromebook and schools block it. Don't ask why, I have no clue.

Back
Top Bottom