Any car buffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can put any differential/gear combo you want in the rear-end. I would go with 4.30's and a eaton posi-lock limited slip.

I dunno about 400hp with exhaust intake and a chip.. let alone a dyno tune. MAYBE at the crank.

Trust me, if you are going to drive the car much on the street don't put skinnies up front, you still want to retain some cornering handling. Just stick with a 245 wide tire.

If you want good power you prolly want to do an H/C/I combo. (heads, cam, and intake.) LS6 intake manifold and cams are a great setup to upgrade to.

The goal of this project is to leave the engine alone and just give it a basic tune up. Probably clean it out with sea foam. Put some nice synthetic oil in it. Give it a new fuel and ignition system. A cold air intake as well as a nice exhaust. With a chip upgrade as well it will pass 400hp easy. I am also going to get a Ford 9" rear with 3:73 gears. Along with a new rear suspension and big fat street tires, it'll hook nice. Since I am going to tear the car down to the bear minimum it wont weigh much either. Screw 302 80's Mustangs. I wish I could race my friend who HAD a 89 Ford 302 that was supercharged with a 9 point roll cage that ran high 11's but he sold it for a Suzuki 650R. **** him!

Don't hate on the foxbody's. You'll get one to mess your day up sometime. :D

Why only 3.73's? If your not going to be doing 150mph all the time a set of 4.30s or even 4.11s at the minimum would be greater in a 1/4mi type of race.

First you talk about building a mean street strip car... now you say you want to leave the engine alone. :p... you can't put those 2 together. haha.

With gas the price it is, its worth sticking with 3:73's. Trust me, anything higher and ill be revving high even in 6th gear. Mustangs can go suck a big fat one. That said, a 12 second street/strip car that gets half decent mileage is a good deal. I am ripping out 600 pounds. Combine that with over 400 whp, you got a mean car that can hook since I am gonna do up the suspension. It takes a 302 supercharged mustang with alot of engine work to run 12's and that setup generally cost more than what I am doing and my car will be a hair faster. Plus I look for aerodynamics and style. Ford makes good parts but there concept on cars. LOL!

Everyone thinks that 302 Mustangs are a good car. There not unless you want to put the work in to get that engine to squeeze out an extra 100 hp and then a supercharger to get it to a little over 400hp.

If you are going to keep bashing fords then you aren't getting my help anymore. Sorry but I am not a fan of camaros but I don't insist on discing them like a child. It doesn't take a supercharger to run 12's with a 302.

Like I stated above you can get a 302 Mustang to run low 12's without a supercharger. If you want to get anything more out of that engine a supercharger will get you into the 11's but to run at the track a roll cage is required to run anything lower than a 12 second car. The added weight of a roll cage generally puts you back up into the 12's but gives you room now to improve other parts of your car.

I like to give back to the Ford community what they give to the Chevy guys. That's all I have to say and what you've told me is only good enough to get me a decent strip car. If you've actually done what you've said to try to help me, ok. If you haven't, that doesn't help because whats on paper and whats actually done are two different things. You can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?

I prefer not to walk. ;)

01svt.jpg

I was going to help this guy until he started talking like the typical idiot teenager he probably is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom