any audiophiles here?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
show yerselfs

curious to see what you use for your media server if you have one? includiog audio and video

PP is a musician I believe. I think the definition of an "audiophile" is pretty fluid. Back in my day it meant you have higher grade Audio equipment and listen to music regularly and actually "understand music" and maybe play at least one instrument. I don't think it means that anymore.

I am, if you want to call it that. I don't really play anymore.

The definition is still the same today, where you prefer high end audio equipment and lossless files etc. Problem being some of the stuff is just so ridiculous in price it makes no sense to spend 50k on gear to listen to a 5 dollar file. I suppose part of that definition includes being able to tell the difference. Lately I've just been lazy and don't care. Stream stuff off of Amazon Music and the sort. I really only care about my audio when I'm playing games or watching TV/movies in the living room. I have "ok" setups for both but I wouldn't consider either of them audiophile level.

I am finally getting off my butt and transferring my old vinyl reconrds to my PC, etc I didn't bother before because from what I heard the transfer process left much to be desired unless you had a lot of money for equipment.

I love my FLAC & ALAC library but I do not have a fancy audio setup.
The speakers are Logitec THX certified 2 satellites & a 200 W Subwoofer.
My Headphones are JBLLive650btnc Bluetooth but can play directly connected, but that does not sound so good as on Bluetooth.
So I guess I am not an Audiophile.:cry:;)

Audio is really expensive, so everybody has to start somewhere.
Hi @PP Mguire I have just got new around ear Headphones which should be able to deliver Hi-Res Audio(JBL Club One, 2400DKR), so now I can really hear all my Hi-Res+FLAC & ALAC ordinary Lossless files, I have 4.6 TB External Drives filled with audio files, so perhaps I am a semi Audiophile.
I am so excited that I could Explode!:love:
Kind Regards isaccasi1234.:D(y)

Hi @PP Mguire I have just got new around ear Headphones which should be able to deliver Hi-Res Audio(JBL Club One, 2400DKR), so now I can really hear all my Hi-Res+FLAC & ALAC ordinary Lossless files, I have 4.6 TB External Drives filled with audio files, so perhaps I am a semi Audiophile.
I am so excited that I could Explode!:love:
Kind Regards isaccasi1234.:D(y)
Not a bad start. I haven't found anything wireless that really scratches the audio itch for me. 40mm drivers and 20-20 range, I wonder if they will utilize aptx codec for lossless audio.

I have the minirigs 3. A great portable speaker!! I have 1 but you can pair multiple ones.

Only annoyance is there are only 2 volume options on the speaker itself - high and low. Otherwise volume has to be controlled from the source device.

Bass and clear seperation of instruments is really important to me. Treble, not so much, I find it painful to my ears.

To conclude I can’t bear a laptop’s or phone’s built in speakers for long music listening sessions ?

Back
Top Bottom