any audiophiles here?

I apologise if I am wandering OT...

If you connect your iPhone to a bluetooth speaker it’ll be quieter than the Macbook, at the SAME volume as when my Macbook is connected.

iPhone uses AAC bluetooth codec and Macbook uses AptX bluetooth codec.

The youtube mobile app has no volume control, so I also wonder whether that makes a difference? On the desktop version of youtube, the volume is set to loudest by default. That may explain things?

Does anyone else notice this? Does the bluetooth codec or source device matter in relation to volume from your experience?

I am finally getting off my butt and transferring my old vinyl reconrds to my PC, etc I didn't bother before because from what I heard the transfer process left much to be desired unless you had a lot of money for equipment.
I know this is an older reply, but I'm doing the opposite.
I'm using a DAC to convert the digital audio from my pc to analog so I can play that on my vintage amp. I like it much better than the digital from the pc. No, I do not consider myself to be an audiophile. I just like to listen to music on a daily basis. For some reason I think Amazon music sounds better than music from You Tube. The tones seem to go just a little lower and higher with more clarity from Amazon. I also have a list of tunes on my hard drive too

Not a bad start. I haven't found anything wireless that really scratches the audio itch for me. 40mm drivers and 20-20 range, I wonder if they will utilize aptx codec for lossless audio.
How about Bower & Wilkins, if you can find the cash, they have a Bluetooth model with the drivers you are talking about, & they say that their Headphone can play Hi-Res, they cost 3000DKR here in Denmark, I would have purchased them myself but they were out of stock, so JBL Club One it was.

I’m talking about youtube specifically ;)
Youtube in general for music is kinda crap unless you don't care about quality.
How about Bower & Wilkins, if you can find the cash, they have a Bluetooth model with the drivers you are talking about, & they say that their Headphone can play Hi-Res, they cost 3000DKR here in Denmark, I would have purchased them myself but they were out of stock, so JBL Club One it was.
Oh yea the PX7's look pretty good, but the WH-1000XM4s are almost half the cost now. Only problem is they don't support aptx which is stupid (the Sony cans). For the time being I'll stick to my MDRXB700s.
AptX HD is out? you been keeping up? ?
Yea I know, when I say aptx I mean just in general.
I know this is an older reply, but I'm doing the opposite.
I'm using a DAC to convert the digital audio from my pc to analog so I can play that on my vintage amp. I like it much better than the digital from the pc. No, I do not consider myself to be an audiophile. I just like to listen to music on a daily basis. For some reason I think Amazon music sounds better than music from You Tube. The tones seem to go just a little lower and higher with more clarity from Amazon. I also have a list of tunes on my hard drive too
That's because Youtube is a lower quality audio with no control and anybody can do whatever to the audio before uploading it. Amazon is basically always straight FLAC to MP3 rips with no "extra". I've been doing the whole analog thing for a while now, just so much better and simpler to me.

Youtube in general for music is kinda crap unless you don't care about quality.

Oh yea the PX7's look pretty good, but the WH-1000XM4s are almost half the cost now. Only problem is they don't support aptx which is stupid (the Sony cans). For the time being I'll stick to my MDRXB700s.

Yea I know, when I say aptx I mean just in general.

That's because Youtube is a lower quality audio with no control and anybody can do whatever to the audio before uploading it. Amazon is basically always straight FLAC to MP3 rips with no "extra". I've been doing the whole analog thing for a while now, just so much better and simpler to me.
Would you say the difference between youtube audio and other audio sources is clear even on budget/portable speakers? Or do you need a high-end speaker to really notice the difference?

Would you say the difference between youtube audio and other audio sources is clear even on budget/portable speakers? Or do you need a high-end speaker to really notice the difference?
Of course speakers have everything to do with any type of audio but there's also digital vs analog sound too. Using analog audio might show the difference when playing You Tubes
Edit: just did some checking and I do get Amazon HD (it is $7. a month) and those are FLAC audio files

Last edited:
Of course speakers have everything to do with any type of audio but there's also digital vs analog sound too. Using analog audio might show the difference when playing You Tubes
Edit: just did some checking and I do get Amazon HD (it is $7. a month) and those are FLAC audio files

Do you mean AUX-in as opposed to bluetooth? My speakers support both.

My speakers utilise DSP (Digital Signal processing) o ensure the equal loudness curve (bass and treble boost) at low listening levels.

Back
Top Bottom