Anti Virus

skitter

Solid State Member
Is an antivirus necessary? An IT person close to me told me to not bother with them as they dont use them.
Is this true?

An antivirus is absolutely necessary as it protects your computer from viruses and malware, I would use AVG..

No protect yourself with one there is many theats on the web and just clicking on an infected HTML link can inffect you. if you are an I.T Engineer with loads of tools and knoldge on how to remove them then perhaps but not wise, and certainley not for a none technical user.

I reccomend nod32 eset security Home as this protects agiast malware as well.

and the other last 2 pointers are Backup all you data always and the other thing is that not all infections are observse and not always show they are there the run in the background and you end up with your id being stolen and getting clonned buy any AV just put one on any protection is better than none I recommend you don't get free av get paid as it will offer more protection.

Kind Regards

An antivirus is absolutely necessary as it protects your computer from viruses and malware, I would use AVG..

I also agree, antivirus protects your computer from harmful virus that can affect the performance of your computer. I also use AVG and it works very well for me.

Thanks for the replies, i got AVG installed now.
Im wondering if they said this for other reasons, as ive noticed alot of changes and strange things going on since they gave me back my laptop (i lent it out- possibly not the smartest move).

Back
Top Bottom