Antec Nine Hundred case

AMDpwnz0r

In Runtime
Currently i have a Raidmax Astro case. Im looking for something more durable...I like the design of the 900 and the airflow... I really could care less about noise...but ive heard some bad reviews about it... i just wanted to know what you guys think of it

I just got it today and it was a pain in the ass to install components because it was cramped. If you plan on getting a large video card like the 8800gtx, you have been warned. It fits but I actually broke sweat constantly during the 6hour process of putting together my rig.

And the noise is pathetic. I didn't believe it when I read about it online but it really does sound just like a house cooling fan. I would estimate upwards of 45db at least and that's on the lowest fan setting...

If you want high quality cases, go with Lian-Li. Trust me, they are sweet!!! Excellent air flow and the materials are strong. Not cheap. As for the video card, it's a pain getting it in there becaue of the size. I have a 7800GT and that thing is LONG!!!!! I had to make room by rearranging all my cables just so the video card can slide in easily.

eapro said:
I just got it today and it was a pain in the ass to install components because it was cramped. If you plan on getting a large video card like the 8800gtx, you have been warned. It fits but I actually broke sweat constantly during the 6hour process of putting together my rig.

And the noise is pathetic. I didn't believe it when I read about it online but it really does sound just like a house cooling fan. I would estimate upwards of 45db at least and that's on the lowest fan setting...
6 hours to assemble a pc?

The last time I cleaned my pc, I had absolutely everything apart and I reassembled it in like an hour. Of course I was taking my time and routing cables and such.

But yeah, Lian Li cases rock, I think thats what my next case is going to be.

Some people said to take 20 mins break very often...like in 5 minutes of assembly. Ususally, the average assembly line for me takes 15-25minutes. Pre-assembled PCs takes only 5 mins for me.

Actually, if you want good airflow, whatch for the big CFMs, fan blades and the way the case is made.

CFM isnt everything in a fan Lhuser ;) More importantly for good airflow, you want fans with high static pressure. In terms of cars, CFM is like horsepower and static pressure is like torque ;)

Well, in theory, bigger CFM means bigger noise, correct? I never know that RPM were CFM...aka horsepower.

Although, more blades on fan usually provides more airflow than less...right?

I think im gonna go with the 900, I dont really like and of lian li designs...noise doesnt bother me.. ill be running all fans on low anyways.. I just want a case thats more durable than my raidmax should i have any problems with my set up (sig)

IMHO this is a great case. I just got it for christmas and have had no problems with it whatsoever. I have a total of 4 - 150mm fans, 1 - 200mm fan, 1 fan on both CPU and GPU and the PSU has 2 fans, and the sound from the fans is no issue at all. I was worried when i got it about the sound of the fans because it annoys me (lol like everyone) but was actually surprised to hear how quiet it is. That being said, i only have the fans on the middle setting, which keeps the system cool.

great case, worth the money. GL

The Antec 900 is a pretty good case too. Lian Li's problem with their case is that they're not exciting enough. They have a bland look. I wish some of their nicer case had a clear acrylic panel on the side. I love that feature of a PC case. That way, you can glance in there every once in awhile to see how all your parts are doing.

Back
Top Bottom