Antec BP550 enough for my computer and is it good?

bodriagin

Beta member
I have recently bought a ATI Radeon 4850 512mb VGA. Ever since then average use of the computer was fine, but when I started playing games my computer would just freeze for a second and then randomly reboot. I have come to the conclusion that this is my PSU [If you think its something else please tell me now! Don't want to use money on a PSU just to find out it wasn't the problem]

I would like to know if the Antec BP550 will be able to support this computer.
2GB RAM
DVD-RW
Intel Core 2 Duo
Gigabyte S Series: G31M-ES2L
1x ATI Radeon 4850 512 VGA
1x 5400RPM and 1x 7200RPM HDD (Possibly 2x7200 RPM not sure)
19 inch LCD screen

Not too sure if there is much more that is needed, if more is needed tell me and I will update the thread.. So I would like to know will that PSU be able to support it, or other recommendation would be be appreciated.

Also My budget is quite low, so I do not want to spend much more than around the Antec BP550

Thank you in advance.

yes, that is most likely your power supply, what model you currently have? The BP550 should be fine, though I always recommend OCZ for gaming setups.

EDIT: this can also happen if your circuit isnt able to supply enough power to the power supply, so when it goes to charge the capacitors, the momentary dip will cause a system crash. Do you have any large appliances on the same circuit? I doubt this is the issue, but its worth checking.

OCZ SXS600w: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10007939&prodlist=froogle

yes, that is most likely your power supply, what model you currently have? The BP550 should be fine, though I always recommend OCZ for gaming setups.

EDIT: this can also happen if your circuit isnt able to supply enough power to the power supply, so when it goes to charge the capacitors, the momentary dip will cause a system crash. Do you have any large appliances on the same circuit? I doubt this is the issue, but its worth checking.

OCZ SXS600w: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10007939&prodlist=froogle

Thanks for your information.
Could you explain more about this other issue.

Also im looking into that power supply thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom