Another school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

setishock

Wizard of Wires
20 small children and 6 adults shot to death at a school in Connecticut. The shooter found dead was the son of a teacher there. She was found dead in her home. The brother of the shooter is in police custody.

There's no hope for this world when some one will take the life of an innocent child.
May God be with the families in their time of sorrow. Our prayers are with you.

Yes I heard about that this morning on the news, gutless guy just shot himself so we wouldn't have to face the cops and all the poor families, rip <3. I wish there was no such thing as violence in this world, it would be a much better place..

If you read through the articles that describe the gunman, you should start to notice a pattern...

Exactly Celegrom, It's makes you wanna protect your own kids so bad now knowing that when they go out to school or anywhere else on there own, will they be safe and will something like this happen again. I feel more than sorry for the people that were involved and I am just thinking about it now, Just looking at news stories and watching the news on tv, Live coverage: 20 children among 28 dead in school shooting in Connecticut | News.com.au, Does anyone here who lives in the US live near where it happened or are close to it?

First off, it's disgraceful and horrific.
I couldn't imagine losing a friend in an incident like this let alone a family member / child, must be just unbearable for all of the families involved.

Second off and probably to start off a large discussion here and please let's leave it at a discussion, given the circumstances any arguments / flaming would just be disrespectful.

What do we on here think about making it illegal to own a gun in the US?
Honestly i'm not entirely sure on the law out there, so i'm probably not best to comment but what I do know is it's illegal to own a gun in the UK and for every 10 incidents like this that the US have we probably have 1.

I'm not quite sure why people need to own a gun?

I think if anyone lost a friend, family member in an incident like this would break down, We don't get things like this happen very often in Australia, Where I live in Tasmania we never get any shootings like this..

ssc456:
totally agree with you. i hate the fact that you can easily buy a gun... a f***ing killing tool... in the US. WHY is that possible.
it blows my mind and i just don't understand. it has also been proven that you are more likely to kill a family member then an actual intruder.

you can't just like that get a gun everywhere in Europa. so if you suddenly snap at someone you can't just go get it, point it at the guy and pull the trigger and who ever you point at dies. it's so easy to kill with a gun.

that's why there are more murders in the US, then any where else in the EU.

Last edited by a moderator:
ssc456:
totally agree with you. i hate the fact that you can easily buy a gun... a f***ing killing tool... in the US. WHY is that possible.
it blows my mind and i just don't understand. it has also been proven that you are more likely to kill a family member then an actual intruder.

you can't just like that get a gun everywhere in Europa. so if you suddenly snap at someone you can't just go get it, point it at the guy and pull the trigger and who ever you point at dies. it's so easy to kill with a gun.

that's why there are more murders in the US, then any where else in the EU.

My condolences & prayers to the victims & their families....

The real question is why military type weapons being sold to public when there is no real justification to have them, then again a mentally disturbed person can use any type of weapon or implement to their own end needs to murder.

The US authorities will need to do some rational thinking and implementation to tackle these problems..... biggest problem is how much weapons does the US population have in their homes and what amount if any would be handed in.
This will not be solved in the short term, it will take years or decades to sort the gun culture out.

My last 2 cents worth....Bring back capital punishment in all forms especially public hangings for all heinous crimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom