Another Question

Hilikus

Solid State Member
Yes another (most probably odd like the last) question from the JAWS user...

Okay, so just recently this started and I have no clue why or how to change it back.
On Internet Explorer (the satanic thing it is), if I click on an MP3 file to play without saving it, it used to come up in RealPlayer... the way I liked it. Now, all of a sudden, whenever I click on an MP3 file... it opens up in a new page (in the same browser window) and plays the file from that window (so descriptively titled "Plug-in window" by JAWS...).
So what gives? How do I change the default MP3 file opening to open in RealPlayer again?

Thanks

(Laptop running Windows XP...)

I believe you can right click on the file and go to open with. then you can click on Real player from the list and at the bottom there should be a check box that sais "always use the selected program to open this type of file"

So i believe the next time you open a mp3 file in internet explorer it should open up in real player.

All your mp3 files should open in real player after you do this.

I'll have to look into JAWS' compadability iwth Firefox... not sure if it'll work that well with it, but I'll give it a shot one of these days.

I don't use a mouse so does anyone know what the keyboard command is to "right click" on the link to the file? I haven't come across one for that...

Back
Top Bottom