another "i'm lookin for good RPG" thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomstick666

Daemon Poster
yes..im looking for some good RPG to kill my time. ive read so many posts about "whats good RPG?" but i need some more input from u ppl.
it has to be gameplay>graphix. and im not lookin into mmorpg (played wow, GW, got bored) and i already have oblivion which was rather disappointing to me. so NO WOW, NO OBLIVION. any suggestions? i've played KOTOR I. but i thought it was OK. not that great. i was thinking about getting Dues Ex or Diablo II. which 1 do u think its better? or any other great RPG you know of? i loved the old final fantasy series (FF3,7,8,10) needs good story, cheracter development, good fighting. any suggestions?

DIABLO 2 definitley. It's the best RPG i've ever played, and the replayability of that game is amazing. After you beat the singleplayer, theres a very intensive multiplayer. Only use battle.net becasue the other type is just loaded with hackers anc cheaters.

Yah, you know my vote is for diablo 2 :). Amazing replayability is an understatement. I've been playing D2 since it came out around 6 years ago, and I'm still playing it today.

IMO the Diablo games bored me.

Clicking on opponents to kill them....getting more armor and powerful weapons...click on some more opponents to kill them.

yawn

Diablo 2 is not a story driven RPG (which IMHO takes it out of the RPG class altogether, but that is a discussion for another time)

If you have a PS2 I would recommend Dragon Quest 8.

On the PC side of things you might check out Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Actually yeah, if you want good story (D2 story is decent if you pay attention), good fighting, and good character development for ps2.. definately go into the Dragon Quest Series.

But I still think Diablo 2 is the best choice for PC.

The first Dues Ex was the best game I ever played that was single player.

Diablo 2 is the best MMO I playeed because of the huge community, and the easy interface. Not like the super 3d 6million button interface the new RPGs have.

NWN...I mean...it's just Diablo 2 + greatness...whereas Diablo 2 is just a half-assed character system to go along with a half-assed game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom