Another idea for the forums.

Eh I don't get that. Something to do with Mike Ashley? I know it was on the front of the Chronicle that he refused a meeting with MPs saying that their Committee is a joke.

What do you mean?

You get a free mug from SportsDirect every time you order from them online. The mug is ****ing massive.

Here's a random article about it. It even has a card in Cards Against Humanity.

I guess we use those two terms a little more interchangeably here, but yes. Might even be just a southern thing in the US. Apparently, right here in South Carolina is one of the only places to boil peanuts. If you leave the state, most other places have never heard of doing such a thing. To me, it's strange that they don't know that but I was raised around it.

I guess we use those two terms a little more interchangeably here, but yes. Might even be just a southern thing in the US. Apparently, right here in South Carolina is one of the only places to boil peanuts. If you leave the state, most other places have never heard of doing such a thing. To me, it's strange that they don't know that but I was raised around it.

Never heard of boiling peanuts, strange... Have you heard of coffee milk? Pretty sure that's just a New England thing, but I've heard it's working its way down the states.

Do they say mug a lot down south? Up here you normally ask for a cup of coffee. Most people say coffee cup when talking about cups/mugs. Weird.

Boiled peanuts are great, but most folks who don't like them just can't get use to the consistency of them. They're mushy, so if you've never had them it's a bit strange from the normal crunch of a peanut. The flavor is good if it's done properly, though. I've had them flavored with ham as well as a little hot spice. If you're ever in the South Carolina area, you should check them out. Specifically the Charleston area.

Yeah, we usually ask for a cup of coffee also, but the cup itself I've heard referred to as a mug, so it just kind of comes out that way sometimes. Like up north it's pop, down south it's soda, and midwest it's soda pop.

Also, I'm not sure that TF branded boiled peanuts would be a good idea. I don't think they would survive being mailed out. :D

In theory that sounds really awful, right up there with "microwaved trifle", but if it's popular there I doubt it can be all that bad.

lol... a lot of folks say that. It's a 50/50 shot when you try them if you'll like them or not. :lol:

Does it taste like peanut spread or peanut butter like condiment.

Neither, really. If it's flavored with something like ham, then it's got a mild ham flavor. The regular taste like... well... boiled peanuts. I can't think of a way to describe them, really. A little bit of salt is used, so they are salted. The flavor is unique to be sure. The consistency is what MOST people who don't like them can't get past. They are mushy, for a lack of a better term.

So would the Mods or Admin like to provide any Feedback as to if this would be possible getting back on Topic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom